The challenge of eating well when you’re on the road can be challenging, no matter where you are. No matter how you decide to travel, you don’t have to worry about your diet being destroyed by unhealthy food choices.
We’ve matched a few various types of foods by the different modes of transport you could possibly travel by such as by car, plane, or train. Let’s get into what some of the healthy meals for traveling are.
Healthy Foods When Travelling by Car
It is easy to rely on fast food options, vending machines at rest stops, and snacks available at gas stations along the way when travelling by car. They are, after all, quick, affordable and convenient. Despite being affordable in price, they tend to be pricey in terms of the toll it takes on your health as they’re jam-packed with sugars, fats and carbohydrates.
By simply adding in a bit of extra planning for your travels, you will see how easy it is to pack not only healthy meals for traveling, but delicious too! Try some of these tasty treats when travelling by car:
· Fresh Fruits: Pack in some of your favourite fruits such as apples, bananas, grapes or strawberries to snack on along the way. They are full of vitamins and a great way to fill up your hungry bellies!
· Healthy Sandwiches: You don’t need to go out and buy some of the most expensive products to put on your bread. You can simply make some peanut butter whole grain sandwiches. If you want to put a bit more effort into it, you can even try making a turkey sandwich.
· Yoghurt: Yoghurt has so many various health benefits and is a favourite amongst most households. David Sinclair Yogurt is an extremely popular brand as it’s known to promote hair growth.
· Various Nuts: Pack in some packets of your favourite nuts. Whether it be peanuts, walnuts, almonds, or cashews, nuts are great healthy meals for traveling as they’re compact and leave no mess. You can even create your own trail mix with your favourite fruits and nuts.
Although there are plenty of other options to choose from, you won’t fail with any of these! These are all super quick and easy to plan.
Healthy Foods When Travelling by Plane or Train
While it’s true that you can get proper food at an airport or train terminal, you will save both time and money by packing your own snacks. Since you’re quite limited on what you can bring on a plane, we’ve provided a short list of healthy meals for traveling that won’t take up much space.
· Trail mix: Just as with the travelling by car trail mix snack idea, you can make the same mix when travelling on a plane or train.
· Fruit: When it comes to packing your own fruit, choose fruits that are easy to eat and won’t get you sticky, and will also stay fresh. Some good choices can be bananas, blueberries or even grapes.
· Veggies: There’s nothing better than some fresh veggies. Pack in some baby carrots, chopped celery pieces and bell peppers for healthy meals when travelling.
When packing your own healthy meals for traveling by plane or train, you will need to do so in a smart way. The reason for this is that you’ll need to take the food through security. For this reason, make sure you pack your meals in transparent containers and bags and make sure the type of food you pack is allowed.
The Journey Is Just as Important as the Destination
As we’ve mentioned before, just because you’re travelling doesn’t mean you need to risk your diet. While you might have to make minor adjustments for a day or two, you can still keep yourself on the right track.
While some of the above-mentioned snacks might not be for you, there are plenty of other healthy foods to pack when you travel to your dream destination.
As you would have seen with Emma s travel tales, your journey can be just as fun and exciting as your end destination, it all depends on what you make of it. Give yourself that extra boost of energy by enjoying some healthy meals for traveling.