Next week I’m fulfilling one of my biggest travel dreams and travelling to India! I’m travelling with my mum, who’s wanted to go to India ever since she was a little girl and I guess her enthusiasm for India has definitely rubbed off on me. We’ve got LOADS planned for during our trip to make the most of our time there.
I can’t wait to discover the colourful, chaotic, crazy India that I’ve heard so much about from various friends and other travel bloggers who have visited. I’ve been told numerous times that India is the type of place you either love or hate and I can’t help but feel that I’ll fall head over heels with this varied and intriguing country.
Here are some of the highlights of my trip:
- Arriving into Delhi and exploring Delhi
- Travelling to Shimla via Toy Train
- Visit the Viceregal Lodge, Sankat Monchat Temple, and many more sights in Shimla
- Return by Toy Train to Delhi
- Guided tour of Delhi including Old Delhi, Gandhi Smitri House, Red Fort and much more
- Travel to Agra and visit Agra Fort and the world-famous Taj Mahal
- Travel to Jaipur and visit Fatehpur Sikri, a beautifully preserved red sandstone city built and abandoned in the 16th century along with other sights
- Visit the Amber Fort
- Return to Delhi to fly home
As you can see it’s set to be a busy few weeks and I’m quite sure it’ll be over all too quickly. It’s the perfect trip for dipping my toe into India and if I fall in love with it as much as I predict I will then I’ll definitely be returning to discover more as I know I’ll only be seeing a tiny fraction of this wonderful country in the short time I have.
Have you travelled to India before? Do you have any Indian travel tips for me? I’d love you to leave them in the comments section below!